Saturday, May 22, 2010

say KOM-BU-CHA




I recently tried kombucha for the first time, and for those who don't know, kombucha is essentially fermented chinese tea, which is left in the sun for 30 days. If these things give you natural connotations of vinegar and pure acid, you're not too far off. It tastes like apple cider vinegar with carbonation and flavor. The company Synergy makes great kombucha in tons of flavors, like Guava Goddess and Raspberry Rush. Personally, I love vinegar, and I love tea, so it should go without saying that I'm definitely a fan of kombucha. The most difficult part to swallow about it, literally, are the active cultures that float in the bottle, but they too are really important and serve their purpose. Kombucha improves digestion, cellular function, hair and nail growth and a ton of other things. Its also a raw food since it is never heated by anything other than the sun, and you buy it cold an refrigerated. I would suggest that anyone interested in tea and alternative health at least give kombucha a try, you may be delightfully surprised by the long term effects and the interesting taste! Biggest downfall is the price, at almost 4 dollars a bottle, but I'm hoping sometime in the future to be able to stock up on it and see if there are any major health improvements with extended use.

2 comments:

  1. I can do the carbonation, I can do the fermenting, but the brain matter is not happening. Ever. Yeah, I know. Active Cultures are in yogurt. Yogurt is tasty, though. That brain stuff looks like snot in a bottle.

    Yes, I am 12.

    P.S. I'm your biggest fan. I'll follow you 'cause you love me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im obsessed with you. And it does look like snot. Kinda feels like it too! :P


    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete